"The most extensive book on Peruvian percussion to date. This book/DVD package is a gold mine of information on Peruvian music and percussion.” — Mark Walker (drummer with Oregon and Paquito D'Rivera, author of "World Jazz Drumming" and Professor of Percussion at Berklee College of Music)
• The book contains music charts with the specific rhythms played by the cajon, congas, cowbell, bongos, cajita and quijada — as well as bass and guitar parts — for major styles of Afro-Peruvian and Creole music.
• Useful for any level of musician — beginning to advanced.
• The various rhythms are also shown being adapted to the drum set, with and without other percussion instruments playing.
• Valuable history of the development of Afro-Peruvian music is also given, including numerous photos.
• Enclosed 85 min. DVD contains beautifully filmed instruction on each percussion instrument and the drum set too.
• In addition, the DVD includes a song in each of the main styles shown in the book, recorded with top musicians of the field, including: Hector Morales, Peruvian Grammy award winner Oscar Stagnaro, former "Peru Negro" musicians — Mariela Valencia, Marcos Napa, Hector Ferreira and Jhair Sala and also "Maestro" Carlos Hayre protege, Eric Kurimski and Paulo Stagnaro.
• 100 page book plus full-length DVD.
Sample DVD Clips:
Click On Each Image to Zoom. Click the larger image to close.