Grammy-nominated & three-times Downbeat Rising Star drums winner Eric Harland is well known for his unique organic sound and orchestral approach to jazz drumming.
Eric has recorded over 100 albums with the likes of McCoy Tyner, Charles Lloyd, Zakir Hussain, Jason Moran, Dave Holland & Terence Blanchard, and co-leads all-star groups like SF Jazz Collective, James Farm, The Overtone Quartet or Sangam Trio, as well as his own quintet.
Inside of The Yin & Yang of Jazz Drumming, Eric offers a fresh approach & perspective to music and jazz drumming.
He shares many life lessons that will touch your heart and help you find your own distinctive voice.
Eric discusses how to be yourself, finding your musical purpose, and, of course, throws in
some rather stunning performances.
You'll learn about:
* Being Yourself & Getting Comfortable with the Instrument
* Discovering your own Sound & Beat
* Playing with/against Time
* Hooking up with the Bass Player
* Melody & Musicality
* Creating Moods
* When in Doubt, Keep Time!
* Being a Team Player through Listening
* Playing behind/on/ahead of the Beat in Jazz Drumming
* Having Fun in 21/8
And LOTS more Jazz Drumming Lessons
PLUS: Trio Performances with Aaron Parks & Joe Martin
PLUS: Four Play-Along Tracks & Charts
PLUS: 60-min in-depth Interview