15 essential standards have been given new arrangements tailor-made for singers, with alternative jazz chord changes, complete verses, introductions and singer-flattering endings. This book is in a traditional jazz format designed for improvising accompaniments, with melody line, lyrics and chords in a handwritten music engraving style.
Traditional chord changes are also included, along with the alternative chords in Steve Rawlins' creative arrangements. Keys in the Women's Edition are in a generally lower range, as is customary for this style of music. The Men's Edition keys are in a medium range. The CD features a professional jazz trio of piano, bass and drums.
• Autumn in New York
• Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans
• Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
• I Could Write a Book
• I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good
• It Might as Well Be Spring
• Just One More Chance
• Lush Life
• My Romance
• Nature Boy
• The Nearness of You
• A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square
• Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most