Master NY saxophonists Jim Snidero and Walt Weiskopf teach you how to sound like a jazz saxophone pro. Covering both the alto and tenor saxophone
(most courses don't), this course will get you sounding great on the bandstand. There's nothing like it on the planet!.
“This is a fantastic, comprehensive course on jazz saxophone playing for students on virtually any level. I recommend it highly.”
Charlie Pillow - Premier NY Multi-Instrumentalist (Maria Schneider, Michael Brecker,...)
Assistant Professor of Jazz Saxophone
Eastman School of Music
Here's what you'll learn:
- Alto styles of Charlie Parker & Cannonball Adderley
- Tenor styles of John Coltrane, Hank Mobley & Sonny Stitt
- Secrets pros use to creating hip, flowing lines
- Tri-tone subs and 4-3 suspension in every key
- Tonicizing minor keys in every key
- Hip Embellishments of melodies
- Deep insight to ballad techniques and performance
- Incredible tone building exercises
- How to develop a controlled, expressive vibrato
- Hip articulation exercises and techniques
- How to really swing. Many pros don't even get it
- How to use subtone, ghost notes, bends & grace notes
- Deep knowledge of equipment & maintenance
- Adjusting reeds. Never waste a reed again
• Playing A Ballad Lesson
• Alto Masters Of The 50's
• Tenor Masters Of The 50's
Here's what you'll get:
• Twelve(12) TV quality video lessons.
- Two of the most experienced NY jazz saxophone players, authors and teachers give the clearest insight into sounding authentic. Great teachers make all the difference!
• Eight (8) TV quality video play alongs with one of the world's best rhythm sections.
- The closest you'll get to playing with the best. Also includes etudes and compositions based on artists covered in the lessons.
• Hundreds of PDF and e-book examples on both saxophone and improvisation techniques
• 5 PDF etudes demonstrating the style of Charlie Parker, Cannonball Adderley, John Coltrane, Hank Mobley and Sonny Stitt. Played by Walt Weiskopf and Jim Snidero, you can view etudes in either Bb or Eb as they are performed.
• 3 beautiful original ballads based on the changes to great standards, masterfully performed by Walt Weiskopf. Once again, you can view etudes in either Bb or Eb as they are performed.
• "Secrets of the Pros - Saxophone Equipment Maintenance e-book". Learn how to get the most out of your equipment.
• Integrated video and audio performances of the greatest of all time. Watch and listen without leaving your course.
• Groundbreaking, interactive video technology.
• Highest quality HD video and audio production
NEW TECHNOLOGY! Here's how you'll study:
• NEW - Apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android and Windows.
• NEW - Download all content- video lessons, play alongs and written music- to your mobile device
• NEW - Download content at any time during subscription period.
• NEW - Print and/or download printed music. It's yours forever!
• Music appears with all video lessons as its being discussed or demonstrated.
• Select your key to view music (Bb Tenor or Eb alto)
NY Saxophonists Jim Snidero and Walt Weiskopf have over 30 years of experience as jazz recording artists for labels such as EMI, Milestone, Savant, and Criss-Cross. They have been top-shelf sidemen with many of the greats, including the Mingus Big band, Steely Dan, Jack McDuff, Frank Sinatra, Buddy Rich, Eddie Palmieri and Sting, among many.
They are also best-selling authors ("Jazz Conception", 'Around the horn", and more) and world-class educators.
The Jim Snidero and Walt Weiskopf Masterclass will give you everything you'll need to sound like a jazz pro. It's simply the best jazz saxophone workshop on the planet.