A guide for teachers, students & professional singers to help interpret "what's on the page" and make it swing!
• Find out why an 8th note is not an 8th note
• Find out when a quarter note is not a quarter note
• Whare are the 'hidden' rests?
• What syllables do I choose for scat singing?
• How do I start to 'learn' to improvise?
• Examples of 're-composed' standards
• Phrasing and rhythm exercises
• Rehearsal techniques
• Listening assignments
• A sample CD with practice exercises
"All musicians (singers and instrumentalists) will sharpen
their rhythm skills through this instruction." Dr. John
Kuzmich, Jr. Jazz Educators Journal (IAJE)