A guide for teachers, students & professional singers to help interpret "what's on the page" and make it swing!
• Find out why an 8th note is not an 8th note
• Find out when a quarter note is not a quarter note
• Whare are the 'hidden' rests?
• What syllables do I choose for scat singing?
• How do I start to 'learn' to improvise?
• Examples of 're-composed' standards
• Phrasing and rhythm exercises
• Rehearsal techniques
• Listening assignments
• A sample CD with practice exercises
"All musicians (singers and instrumentalists) will sharpen
their rhythm skills through this instruction." Dr. John
Kuzmich, Jr. Jazz Educators Journal (IAJE)
Click On Each Image to Zoom. Click the larger image to close. Use the arrows on your keyboard to scroll left and right.