****This product is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!****
by Lukas Gabric
The most comprehensive guide for rhythm changes ever published, offering a wealth of information for beginners and professionals alike.
- Written in the language of the working musician and clearly laid out.
- The Rhythm Changes Guide takes the reader from the absolute essentials to advanced improvisational concepts, all supplemented with examples from legendary players.
- Includes 20 Etudes in all transpositions with backing tracks by a live NY rhythm section, exploring the rich tradition of Rhythm Changes and its harmonic possibilities
- 70 pages of tradition-derived improvisation concepts and exercises, with dozens of examples from legendary players like John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Hank Mobley, Don Byas, Michael Brecker, and many others
- Strategies for both diatonic and chromatic improvisation
- Features unexplored concepts for improvisation such as Schenkerian theory
- Includes 77 harmonic variations that are used by legendary players
- Useful for beginners, intermediate-level performers, professionals, and musicians interested in diverse styles such as bebop, hardbop, modern contemporary, etc.